Thursday, June 4, 2009

Valve Replacement Surgery - Visiting The Hospital After Surgery!

Tuesday, Allen took me to the hospital to get the follow-up xray done. The xrays are done right in the bowels of the New Mexico Heart Hospital, the same place my valve repair surgery took place. Things went fairly smoothly, and I got to see some of the wonderful staff who had helped with my care when I was in the hospital. They all said that I looked good with my street clothes on.

I know from looking in the mirror that I look like a I've been run over by a train, however, I do realize that I look much better than I did when a gazillion drips were attached to my IV's.

I found everyone from the environmental staff, to the cafeteria staff, to the nurses, to the patient advocate, to the respiratory therapists to be caring and compassionate. When you are almost totally dependent on these folks for days at a time, it is wonderful to see that their kindness extends to their everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment