Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Valve Replacement Surgery - Laughter Heals Heart Valve Sugery


Laughter does heal heart valve sugery. It seems that Valve Replacement Surgery recovery is a full-time job, but that doesn't mean that it has to be a glum, morose drag. Having happy, involved other people around is a great way to constantly remind yourself that there is life beyond valve repair surgery recovery. Just hearing them talk about their lives makes you aware that this recovery phase is only temporary.

Kris and Lisa with their adorable little Pugs, Onyx and Louis left this morning to drive back to Irvine, California. All of us except Bo, our little Shih Tzu, were extremely sad to see them go. Bo, who doesn't usually get out of bed until 9 or 10, came bouncing down the hall so fast her harness jingled the minute they were out the door a 6:30 A.M. Bentli, our Boxer, was pouting before they even left. Bentli had enjoyed countless wrestling matches with Louis, their cute and fiesty 6 month old pug.

Kris and Lisa helped us in so many ways while they were here. They hauled me to Doctors' and rehab appointments, cooked, cleaned, took me on walks and helped with my care in every way. They just took over the household and allowed me time to heal. To say that I'm grateful is a gross understatement. I am truly blessed to have friends and family that will drop everything and come and stay and really take take of me during me time of need.

Even though, they were here to help us through a very difficult time, they brought joy, life, and much laughter to our household. Just their being here, took my mind off the discomfort and sometimes downright agony of my recovery.

Tomorrow, Allen, a long-time friend, from Little, Rock, AR. is arriving to take the 3rd leg of my caregiver support group. He has a great sense of humor, and is wonderful to be around.

Lynn, my dearest friend, has been cleaning and taking care of me today. She is getting everything ready for Allen's arrival. When my emotions turn south, she's always there with a joke or something that will make us both laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment