Monday, June 15, 2009

Valve Replacement Surgery - Getting Out And Feeling Better!

Is there a tendency to just hang around the house after valve repair surgery? I know, that for me right now almost 5 weeks post open heart surgery, I have to make myself get up, shower, get dressed and get out of the house. I still tire easily, and it's just easier to stay home.

No resting at home today, though! Lynn obtained three tickets to a huge Bead & Gem Fair, so Connie, Lynn, and I trooped down to the fairgrounds to see the beads. They dropped me off right at the door so I wouldn't have to walk so far and then parked the car.

There were no chairs or places to sit down once you got inside, so I had to come back outside and sit on a bench about midway through the bead show. It was fine, I enjoyed seeing the people and the beads and just being out in the NM air and sun.

After the show, we had lunch at our favorite Thia restaurant. Everything tasted absolutely delicious today. I found that I was really enjoying the meal and being out of the house. The effort was definitely worth it!

Encouraged by my successful outing on Saturday, I had yet another outing on Sunday. This time I drove myself to my A Course In Miracles class. It was wonderful to see everyone again. I did get tired, but not terribly so, and my spirits were uplifted once again.

While it is easier to stay at home while on open heart surgery recovery road, the benefits of getting out and back into the mainstream of life are enormous. I just feel better, happier, and stronger after getting out and about. Every little thing you can do is a step forward to a total healing and full recovery.

Try it, you can do more than you think you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment